Insurance for Mixed Media Craft Businesses

At CraftCover, we have specially designed specific craft policies for the UK craft industry, including mixed media crafts.

Our comprehensive policy covers your mixed media craft business against many costs, allowing you to concentrate on being creative!

What insurance do mixed media craft businesses need?

No matter what kind of mixed media crafts you produce, whether it’s musical instruments or beadwork, it’s vital that your business has the correct level of insurance.

Just like every other craft business, there are two main types of insurance you will need to protect yourself and your business should a claim be made against you.

Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance covers your mixed media craft business from legal compensation costs that may arise due to public injury as a result of your products and/or business operations. These costs can be significant, which is why it is a must to have a comprehensive policy in place.

The main risks which are covered by this type of insurance include death and disablement of the public and loss of or damage to third party property.

Product liability insurance

Product liability insurance covers your products through production, supply and sale. You will be protected against unwanted and extensive costs from the public should an issue arise with your products, processes and/or packaging.

What kinds of crafts come under mixed media?

The term mixed media is quite a broad definition that covers many different crafts, including:

  • – 3D and 2D art
  • – Sculptures
  • – Collages
  • – Scrapbooking
  • – Wet and dry media
  • – Installation art
  • – Beadwork
  • – Face painting
  • – Musical instruments
  • – Recycling and upcycling

Why is insurance important for arts and craft businesses?

Getting the right level of arts and crafts business insurance is a must have in order to protect your business against extensive legal costs, repairs for damage and replacement of goods.

No matter how big or small your business is, you need to be protected from any unexpected costs or claims.

What does mixed media craft insurance cover?

With our fully comprehensive mixed media craft insurance policies, you will be covered for both public and product liability insurance, which are both the bare minimum you need in order to safely trade to the public and other third parties.

Within this policy, we can also include craft fair insurance, which is often a legal requirement for many craft fair organisers. This means you can attend an unlimited number of craft fairs within the UK throughout the year with the peace of mind that your business is protected. Or, if you want to just dip your toe into the world of craft fairs, you could benefit from our one-off craft fair policy that covers you for 1 weekend of selling.

How much does insurance for mixed media businesses cost?

The cost of your mixed media policy will depend on several factors, including:

  • – The type of product you make and sell
  • – The amount of equipment you have and how much they all cost
  • – Your business size and location
  • – Your excess costs

We will chat to you about your business and your specific insurance requirements to ensure you have the most suitable policy in place that matches your budget.